Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am not the worlds greatest chef. I ...


I am not the worlds greatest chef. I can cook, but i really prefer not too. One memorable story relating to food
I have is from a few years ago, when i decided to have my parents over to my place for Thanksgiving dinner. I had never cooked a turkey before, so I was on the phone with my poor mother all morning with her giving me directions. She might as well have been there cooking the turkey for me. After many hours of slaving over the hot stove dinner was ready. My mom and dad were there, the table was set, the turkey was cooked and only needed to be carved. My mom did the honours. During the carving my mom noticed something sticking out of the turkeys *behind*. It turns out i had cooked the turkey with the neck and bag of giblets still inside of it. I had no idea those things were even stuffed into a turkey! I'll never make that mistake again, the next time i cook a turkey i'll be looking in its nether regions!

No comments:

Post a Comment